Burgiss is a global, market-leading provider of data and analytics solutions for investors of private capital. With over 30 years of expertise in private markets, we offer unrivaled data, analytics and transparency that enable asset owners, asset managers and financial intermediaries to understand, evaluate and manage private capital portfolios. We partner with more than 1,000 firms in 36 countries, delivering data that represents over $7.5 trillion in private assets.
With offices throughout Asia Pacific, EMEA and the Americas, we leverage our expertise and network to service our clients and focus on their varying needs across regions. Further information is available at www.burgiss.com.
At Burgiss, our mission is to deliver essential data and investment management solutions to help global investors build better private capital portfolios. To do this, we are building a global team of individuals representative of the clients we serve. We are striving to foster a diverse and inclusive environment where different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints are welcomed and embraced. We recognize that advancing diversity and inclusion is a continuous commitment which connects us to our clients and communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
About the Role
The Junior Archivist is an entry level position which supports the Data Services’ documentation processes. Responsibilities include matching data points across systems to ensure documentation consistency and accuracy, data entry, indexing and uploading files. The successful applicant will be detail-oriented and can work well with cyclical workload volume.
Scope and Key Responsibilities
- Digital archiving of various standard financial documents
- Follow established document receiving procedures
- Contribute to low risk administrative projects
Desired Experience & Qualification
Experience and Qualifications
- High school diplomat required, associate degree or higher preferred.
- 1 – 3 year professional work experience, with records, databases, accounting or other business related areas that require stringent deadlines, accuracy and organization preferred
- Knowledge of and experience working in computer programs including Word, Excel and other word and database applications
- Must be detail oriented and have strong work ethic
- Energetic and reliable
- Professional attitude
Life at Burgiss
At Burgiss, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Pension enrolment
- Group risk benefits
- Medical aid
- Employee Assistance Program
- Corporate socially responsible company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fun social and engagement calendar
- Strong work-life balance
Burgiss is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth. We respect the laws enforced by the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa and the Employment Equity Act and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.