- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience1 year
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
- This role is responsible for performing software installation and configuration, systems monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and securing systems.
- Configure servers as per user requirements.
- Installs, configures and maintains software
- Implements relevant software updates and patches and service packs on servers to ensure they are up to date;
- Monitors system performance and address potential issues to ensure services are available;
- Deploys application software releases as per deployment instructions
- Maintains documentation for server parameters and system settings.
- Reviews documented processes and procedures including server inventory.
- Provides technical assistance and subject matter expertise to Authority applications developers and testers.
- Implements security procedures to secure systems.
- Performs backup operations and recovery.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic Qualifications/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
- Red Hat/Unix/Linux Certified Systems Administrator/Microsoft Certified Engineer
The following certifications will be an added advantage:
- COBIT 5
- Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Virtualization software training i.e. VM Ware, Citrix, Hyper-V
Technical Skills Required
- Ability to install and configure Unix/Linux/ Windows installations.
- Ability to manage systems installations including mix of Operating system, databases and applications
- Skills in Business continuity management
- Skills to administer Web Application Servers i.e. Tomcat and JBOSS, Web Logic
- Ability to manage databases on RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres, MySql and MS SQL Server
Relevant Work Experience
- Required Have at least one (1) year working experience in Unix/ Linux/Windows operating systems in a busy environment
- Ability to implement servers and storage virtualization.
- Ability to plan and set-up server installations including security hardening and software patching.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Be proactive with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) on www.kra.go.ke to apply