Position: KS1/KS2 Teacher
We are looking to appoint an Enthusiastic, confident, dedicated and positive KS1/KS2 teacher to join a friendly, passionate and hardworking team. A fantastic attitude is a prerequisite. The Junior school children are a wonderful group and have come up with some qualities they would like a new teacher at Greensteds to have; We want a cheerful, kind and supportive teacher.Our perfect teacher will be honest, willing and determined, We would like the lessons to be fun, imaginative but with lots of learning in them.
The school has a strong academic record yet places equal emphasis upon understanding pastoral care, providing safe
atmosphere for both boarders and day students. Sport, outdoor education, music and drama are amongst activities
the children take part in and all teachers are expected to play a role in one or more of these areas.
Primary school teachers develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives. They facilitate
learning and pupils’ progress by establishing a positive relationship with pupils, and by their organization of learning
resources and a stimulating classroom learning environment.
- They assess and record progress, they link pupils’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways in which to
encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- The Class Teacher will be responsible to the Head of the Junior School
- The Class Teacher will be responsible to either the KS1 or KS2 Coordinator as appropriate in respect of
curriculum and pastoral matters.
- To teach subjects from across the range of the Primary curriculum
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils
- To develop and lead a designated curriculum area as appropriate
- To take responsibility for, monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment and achievement
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and
- To support the ethos, aims and vision of the School
- To carry out duties as assigned by the Head of the Junior School
How to apply
Greensteds International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young
people and expects all employees and volunteers to share that commitment. Employment is subject to suitable
background checks, including the receipt of satisfactory references, one of which must be from the most recent
Applicants should e-mail an up-to date CV with a covering letter addressed to the Headmaster stating their
teaching speciality and contact details of at least 2 referees (one being your current/most recent employer) to