The United Republic Of Tanzania The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with financial support from CDC/PEPFAR is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
National Aids Control Program (NACP)
Job Title: Laboratory Advisor (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head Pharmaceuticals and Lab Services Unit – NACP.
Duties and Responsibilities
: • Provide day-to-day support to supply chain management of HIV/AIDS laboratory commodities for Care and Treatment Clinics (CTCs) to ensure the HIV laboratory commodities are quantified, procured, stored and distributed through MSD.
• Participate in the development of HIV/AIDS Guidelines and Policies for supporting implementation of HIV/AIDS services, monitor the HIV/AIDS laboratory commodities stock status and pipeline at central and health facilities to ensure the HIV laboratory commodities are available.
• Prepare the HIV laboratory activities and procurement supply plan of HIV laboratory commodities.
• Make follow up on laboratory commodities procured until received at MSD for storage and distribution.
• Analyze and compile the monthly HIV/AIDS equipment functionality report.
• Coordinate the training, mentorship, on-job training and supervision to the Care and Treatment health facilities.
• Work with MSD management to ensure that there is steady supply of laboratory supplies at the Zonal Stores.
• Participate in resource mobilization activities such as funding proposals for submission to CDC.
Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
• Postgraduate Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related-health field is an added advantage.
• Incumbent must be registered by Health Laboratory Practitioners Council (HLPC)
• Three years working experience in the laboratory services field.
• Strong communication and computer skills.
• Strong proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages and Computer literate
• Age limit: 50 years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of engagement: 7 months contract – renewable (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any;
• The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for;
• Your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees;
• Every applicant MUST apply for only one position. Failure to do so the applicant will be automatically disqualified;
• All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry through Postal Office before 03:30pm on 04th February, 2021 and channelled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (Health), Government City Mtumba,
P. O. Box 743,
Note that: • Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful;
• For more information kindly visit: www.moh.go.tz