Laboratory Assistant II (Water Resources Engineering)
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Education, and Training , Category: Healthcare ]
University Of Dar Es Salaam (UDSM)
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA PRESIDENT’S OFFICE
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/L/17 22nd January, 2021
On behalf of Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (MNMA), National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) and Musoma Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MUWASA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 15 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
University Of Dar Es Salaam (UDSM)
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) started in 1961 as a College of the University of London. In 1963 it became a Constituent College of the University of East Africa. It was formerly established in August 1970, as a National University, through the University of Dar es Salaam Act number 12 of 1970. It was established with three main objectives, namely:
• To transmit knowledge as a basis of action, from one generation to another;
• To act as a centre for advancing frontiers of knowledge through scientific research; and
• To meet the high level human resource needs of the Tanzanian society.
In 1961, the University started with the Faculty of Law. It expanded over the years with the establishment of the numerous Faculties and Institutes. It established a number of Colleges, some of which were later evolved into independent fully-fledged universities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• T o perform general cleaning of laboratory glassware;
• To take care of instruments and equipment in the laboratory;
• To perform specified laboratory jobs under close supervision; and
• To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV certificate plus Competence Based Education and Training (CBET) Level II or Trade Test Grade II in Water Supply and Sanitation, Water Laboratory Technology from VETA or other Institutions recognized by VETA.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale: PUSS 1
TERMS OF SERVICE: Permanent and Pensionable.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
GENERAL CONDITIONS; • All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post;
• Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
o Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
o Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
o Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
o Form IV and form VI results slips;
o Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma & Asha Rose Migiro Page 15 of 15 Buildings – Dodoma.
• Deadline for application is 4th February, 2021.
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT