- February 14, 2021
- Feb. 28, 2021
- Full Time
- Legal Jobs
Vacant Position: Legal And Administration Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will report to the Corporate Secretary and will be based at Head Office.
Duties And Responsibilities
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
• Provides sound legal advice to the organisation to achieve compliance with all legal requirements.
• Secures legal advice from external Lawyers as well as liaising with external lawyers on all court cases where necessary.
• Drafts pleadings on all civil suits.
• Vets and drafts contracts and policies
• Maintains a register of published Statutory Instruments relevant to operations of the organisation.
• Notifies Divisions/Departments about relevant new and amended legislation and its interpretation.
• Assists in review of effective internal controls to ensure compliance to Code of Conduct protocol and Corporate Governance.
• Promotes good Corporate Governance.
• Maintains and updates a register on cases referred to external lawyers.
• Analyses and makes appropriate recommendations and follow-ups on implementation of court judgments.
• Monitors and evaluate the performance of external lawyers.
• Maintains judgments files and distributes to other Divisions/Departments where necessary.
• Maintains a register of legal fees paid.
• Ensures, organises and serves Board and Board Committees.
• Allocates motor vehicles to all GMB Divisions/Departments in line with organisational policy.
• Maintains fuel float for the organisation in line with the organisational policy.
• Ensures that rates and rentals are paid as per agreements by GMB to the Council and by tenant to GMB on a monthly basis.
• Ensures that assets are insured and manages insurance portfolio for the organisation for both vehicle insurance and company assets insurance.
• Monitors allocation and usage of cell phones to Manager levels and below in line with the organisational policy.
Qualifications And Experience
• 5’0′ levels including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts.
• Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree.
• Professional Accounting qualification e.g. CIS/CIMA
• 3years post qualification experience in Law and Administration.
• Civil and litigation experience is a must.
• Good knowledge of Legal Corporate Governance and Strategic issues.
• Knowledge of Labour Laws.
• Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
• Strategic management skills
• Good legal written, communication and interpersonal skills.
• High integrity.
• Self-driven and business sense
• Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Not later than 28 February 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.