Legal Officer Job, Current Legal Jobs,
Job Reference Number : V/No. 6 /2021,
Number of Positions : One (1),
Terms of Service : Pensionable Terms,
Gross Salary Scale : Kshs. 169,800 – 227,000 p.m.
The Job holder will ensure that the Judiciary complies with all applicable laws, prepare litigation documents and legal contracts
The job holder is responsible to the Legal Counsel
Area of Deployment:
Office of the Chief Registrar of the Judiciary
- Ensuring that the Judiciary complies with all applicable laws, regulations and procedures and continually update the Chief Registrar on any change of law
- Preparing litigation documents, pleadings, notices, affidavits and correspondence
- Undertake litigation for the Judiciary where the Judiciary is a party
- Liaise with the Attorney General and External Advocates in matters where they are representing the Judiciary
- Preparing and reviewing legal contracts
- Assist in conducting internal investigations in appropriate circumstances and watching brief in criminal matters; and
- Undertake duties assigned from time to time by the Legal Counsel
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelors’ degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Post graduate diploma from Kenya School of law;
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Professional Membership of Kenya Law Society or any other recognized professional body of good standing;
- A Senior Management Course from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a legal environment;
- At least 3 years at Supervisory Management Level;
- Prior experience working on legal matters including but not limited to litigation, legal drafting, legal research and analysis shall be an added advantage.
Core Job Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning
- skills and Results-oriented.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the JSC jobs portal: https://www.jsc.go.ke/index.php/careers/. Applicants should upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application: –
- A letter of application;
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae, to include background information such as past employment record (if any), community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity (if any), past and present and legal/professional engagement;
- Names of three (3) professional references and two (2) character references who can verify and comment about the applicant’s past and present employment or engagement;
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs
- Certified copies of admission certificate to the roll of advocates, testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts
(Applicable only to applicants in the legal field)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit valid copies of clearance certificates from the following bodies during the interview: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- A recognized Credit Reference Bureau
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Law Society of Kenya (for applicants in the legal field)
- Advocates Complaints Commission (for applicants in the legal field)
Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form JSC 2 for non –public officers and JSC 2A for Public officers which can be downloaded from www.jsc.go.ke (Downloads) and attach all the documents cited in the item No. (1 a to e) above. Job Reference number and title should be indicated on the envelope and sent to:
TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI Telephone: +254 20-2739180.
Commission Secretariat: Podium Floor, Reinsurance Plaza, Taifa Road,Nairobi CBD,
- The application must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 17TH FEBRUARY, 2021 AT 5.00PM.
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.