- March 28, 2021
- April 1, 2021
- Full Time
- Education & Teaching Jobs
An opportunity has arisen within Nyatsime College for suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of Librarian. The successful incumbent will be is reporting to the college Bursar and will be responsible for administering the College library by performing related library services. Other tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloging, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers’ advisory services. An ideal candidate will be also be expected to perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information. May set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Search standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, to answer patrons’ reference questions.
• Analyze patrons’ requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
• Teach library patrons to search for information using databases.
• Keep records of circulation and materials.
• Supervise budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
• Checkbooks in and out of the library.
• Explain use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information about library policies.
• Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogs, to select and order print, audiovisual, and electronic resources.
• Code, classify, and catalog books, publications, films, audiovisual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
• Direct and train library staff in duties such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloging, and equipment use.
• Develop library policies and procedures.
• Evaluate materials to determine outdated or unused items to be discarded.
• Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
• Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
• Plan and participate in fundraising drives.
• Write proposals for research or project grants.
Qualifications And Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
• Bachelor’s degree in Library Science is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a public library.
• Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
• Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
How To Apply
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested and meet the above criteria should; Send Their CV and Application Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
apply online (link below) and complete the Application form by 1 April 2021.