- Permanent Management position
- Eastern Cape, South Africa
- Closing Date 31 December 2020
ABOUT THE POSITION
A leading Freight Company is looking to recruit an Operations Manager who will oversee day to day operations in Sea and Air Logistics, manage teams, optimise processes and lead the team through change and global strategy, system and process implementations
- Commerce degree/diploma will be an advantage
- MS Office knowledge and experience in use and advanced ability to manipulate data and prepare useful reports for management decision making
- 5 years’ experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry, Sales experience and knowledge of Automotive vertical will be advantageous
- Service orientated and able to drive root cause analysis and problem resolution
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to achieve targets
- Excellent understanding of the sea freight market and ability to research, analyse and interpret trends through advanced data manipulation in Excel
- Excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and written
- Accountability for effectiveness of all operations within theEast London Branch
- Effective management of resources within the department to meet current and future demands and to give effect to business plans and budget and develop new business within the local market
- Active management of all financial reports and tools in the Department to ensure maximum revenue and cost management.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with major clients and ensuring their needs are met
- Ensuring that all employees are adequately trained to perform their current and future functions, aligned with Company guidelines and other divisional frameworks
- Driving the management of performance of all teams in the department to ensure team members comply with work instructions and overall Company objectives and dealing with all performance improvement and/or disciplinary matters.
- Effective implementation of all QSHE guidelines and continuous improvement efforts to enhance operations through corrective and preventative measures.
- Maintaining accurate statistics of what the assigned Departments produce i.e. number of files, average GP, top 10 clients, GP vs. turnover
Kindly be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted