Kenya Wine Agencies Limited (KWAL) is the leading manufacturer and distributor of wines and spirits in Kenya , Eastern and Central Africa region.
Read more about this company
Machine Operator (Nairobi)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that the assigned machine runs optimally in terms of quality and quantity within a safe working environment.
- Perform the adjustments and setting of the assigned machine to ensure quality output at their station and reduction of product wastage
- while upholding safety and product quality standards.
- Prepare all necessary tools, equipment and materials required for the assigned machine in compliance with the approved processes and
- Operate the assigned machine in accordance with the operating procedures to ensure proper operation of the machine and safe working
- Inspect inputs and outputs for quality to identify causes of defects and rectify to ensure product quality and minimise wastage.
- Comply with all applicable quality, safety, health and environmental standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, BRC, IFS, HACCP, Organic,
- ISO 17025, SANS 1841) where applicable
- Carry out minor/routine maintenance of the respective machine and ensure that cleaning is done before and after every production run and
- comply with plant/equipment scheduled maintenance.
- Liaise with maintenance for major breakdown and to ensure that the machines are serviced on time and routinely to reduce plant down time.
- Participate in the actual change over process to ensure the product quality is upheld in the next shift.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Line Controller of downtime and the product quality index at their station with the aim of driving
- enhanced performance.
- Inspect the quality of dry goods to ensure conformance to the established standards for a high quality product index.
- Minimize waste
- Responsible for volume control on the process control (filler)
- Record all breakdowns
- Inspect Quality of dry goods
- A Certificate in Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organization.
- Working technical knowledge on basic machine operations and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.