- March 15, 2021
- March 18, 2021
- Full Time Jobs in Zimbabwe
- Agriculture, Farming Jobs
Cassava Smartech is looking for a Management Trainee – Livestock Technology to join its vibrant team. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting research and analysing challenges in the local Livestock industry and developing tech-solutions that address these challenges.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Scopes, develops and implements specialized technical programs or solutions that improve viability and efficiencies of the entire livestock value chain.
• Monitors and evaluates the implementation of the business project activities and supervision of livestock health management, breeding and production methods for improving commercial gain for farmers.
• Provides technical support in response to the priority needs of livestock value chains from farm to fork in line with the business’ digitization mandate.
• Liaises with relevant stakeholders including other implementing partners of the concerned projects, livestock breeding, management and health service providers, livestock product processing businesses, livestock marketing entities, government agencies and research institutions.
• Prepares project reports, case studies, success stories, manuals, guidelines, other specialized publications that relate to livestock production, protection, good farming/livestock practices, producer’s organizations.
• Supports marketing initiatives under the Livestock pillar by providing cross-sectoral technical support and product demonstrations.
• Provides technical guidance in the broader areas of the livestock management program and its impact on food security and value chain sustainability.
Qualifications And Experience
Qualification, Skills and Experience
• Degree in Livestock & Wildlife Management or equivalent.
• A vocation or professional technical qualification will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years’ relevant experience in the agritech sector.
• Experience in project management in an added advantage.
• Honesty & integrity is a must.
How To Apply
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position
“Management Trainee — Livestock Technology” in the subject area by the 18th of March 2021. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.