Global Action on Disability Network (GLAD) Manager
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society. We are excited to be recruiting a Consultant Manager based in Nairobi to support Global Action on Disability Network (GLAD) Secretariat,
The GLAD Consultant Manager will be responsible for:
- Strategic leadership support to the GLAD network
- Support the network cochairs in development of the strategic plan
- Oversee the implementation of the GLAD strategic plan
- Strategic and substantive coordination support to the work of the GLAD network
- Manage and supervise the organization of the steering committee
- Manage collaboration with the host and cochairs and preparatory committee.
- Management of the GLAD Secretariat
- Ensure timely and quality reporting on GLAD activities and management of contractual requirements pertaining to GLAD activities
- Support the effective and strategic external communication on GLAD
As the successful candidate you will
- Have a master’s degree (or equivalent) in either human rights or development or disability studies, or a subject directly relevant to the position
- Extensive similar work experience, with sound knowledge of UN human rights mechanisms
- Experience in project management and strong sense of diplomacy and managing complex and multi-stakeholder communication, excellent inter-personal skills
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English and working knowledge of at least one other UN official language or International Sign
- Willingness to work occasionally at non-standard hours, including potentially daily communication with GLAD co-chairs, staff and Members in different time zones
Closing date: 14th February 2021
Please be aware that due to an expected high response to this role we may close the ability to submit applications before the above mentioned close date.
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
How to Apply