[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Entebbe, Uganda , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Main purpose of the job:
• To coordinate and oversee the implementation of the safety oversight programmes and technical support to partner states related to airworthiness as approved by the board.
2. Duties and responsibilities
• manages the airworthiness department;
• participates in the evaluation of the status of aviation safety and security in the partner states, and provides technical assistance to the partner states in oversight activities.
• develops harmonised flight safety standards regulatory formulation and amendments to ensure conformity to international standards.
• develops applicable technical guidance materials for airworthiness, operation practices and procedures to implement the harmonised regulations.
• develops and implements procedures for monitoring the development of international standards and formulate a common regional position.
• convenes and facilitates working group meetings to formulate and review harmonised regulations and technical guidance materials.
• develops inputs and implements procedures and guidelines to be followed in obtaining and sharing regional human resources for inspection activities, surveillance, audits and responds to requests for assistance in flight safety related matters.
• develops and implements annual airworthiness mission schedules for evaluation of aviation safety status, implementation of harmonised regulations and conformity to standardisation in the partner states.
• prepares and provides input for the timely preparation of the annual programme of activities and budget for the agency for approval by the board.
• liaises with hr in developing training programmes and providing regional technical training including inspectors’ indoctrination, basic, type, on-the-job and recurrent training on functions of the airworthiness inspectors in the agency and in the partner states.
• assists /participates in the development and implementation of regional/state safety programmes and the safety management system;
• assists in carrying out a skills audit to develop a data bank in the region for the available and gap of skills in the region related to airworthiness.
• develops and implements technical proposals based on the agency mandate for purposes of soliciting funding from development partners.
• participates and where necessary coordinates programmes aimed at establishing collaborative arrangements between the agency and development partners.
• participates in meetings and contributing towards the evolution of emerging issues in civil aviation.
• develops and implements procedures and processes necessary for certification and maintenance of the global aviation safety oversight system (gasos).
• coordinates and cooperates as a team member with other technical experts in the development, review and implementation of the annual budgets.
• coordinates and cooperates as a team member with other technical experts in the development, review and implementation of the annual programme of activities.
• develops and implements the annual schedule of activities related to the flight safety standards section.
• participates in the establishment of a common personnel licensing examination in the region.
• performs any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
3. Qualifications and experience
• A master’s degree in the relevant field or aviation management. A university degree in relevant field e.g. Aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, electronic or telecommunication. An aircraft maintenance engineer’s license with ratings or appropriate approvals.
• A minimum of 8 years management or supervisory experience with a civil aviation administration, directly associated with the preparation and responsibility for implementation of rules, regulations, airworthiness and flight operation related manuals deemed necessary for flight safety, inspection and certification.
• Considerable aircraft maintenance experience of not less than five years at a senior level on modern, turbine aircraft or five years’ experience as an airworthiness inspector with type training on modern, turbine engine aircraft preferably of type operated in the region.
• Experience in the preparation, approval and use of airworthiness manuals and related flight operation documentations will be an added advantage
4. Skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of legal responsibilities and administrative procedures for the issuance of documents under state of registry approval relating to supervision of airworthiness.
• Ii. Knowledge of the requirements for personnel licensing systems, and of the training, and maintenance of competency of flight and ground crews concerned with airworthiness.
• Iii. Sound knowledge of icao standards and recommended practices and related documentation.
• Iv. Good communication and report writing skills.
• V. Proficiency in computer use and general it applications.
• Vi. Good interpersonal skills, high degree of integrity.
5. Eligibility for applications
• This vacancy is open to citizens from the republics of kenya and south sudan.
6. Terms and conditions of service
• The above is an established position within the agency’s organization structure and is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and age limit requirements.
7. Education qualifications
• All candidates applying for the above position must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective partner states. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
8. Relevant work experience
• Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
9. Salary and fringe benefits
• The established position offers a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits including house allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme and insurance cover among others.
10. Age limit requirement
• The agency staff rules and regulations stipulate that no candidate above the age of 55 years will be considered for employment in the agency.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send the following:
• signed application letters,
• duly filled and signed eac-cassoa personal history form,
• photocopies of academic degrees,
• professional certificates/licenses, and
• a copy of the national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 12th august 2022, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for. The application documents should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in pdf format and organized in one file) or in hard copies and addressed to:
P o box 873,