- March 31, 2021
- April 8, 2021
- Full Time
- Ict & Computer Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions which have arisen in ICT Department of the Women’s University in Africa:
REPORTS TO: THE ICT TECHNOLOGIST
Duties And Responsibilities
• Contributing to the formulation, implementation, evaluation and review of strategies to meet business objectives;
• Configuring, administering and maintaining all physical and virtual servers;
• Administering overall infrastructure and data security including deployment of Anti-Spam, Anti-virus systems and physical security;
• Acquiring ICT infrastructure;
• Ensuring that the right software, tools and skills are in place to manage the infrastructure;
• Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining ALL networks;
• Configuring, installing and maintaining switches, routers and firewalls;
• Establishing strong partnerships with service providers including:
o initiating and managing access agreements;
o ensuring service level agreements are in place and managed; and
o ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided by the infrastructure team
• Ensuring that standards and procedures, work instructions and policies are in place and are followed in line with the ICT governance framework;
• Providing effective management and leadership of ICT staff;
• Implementing and supporting monitoring and reporting systems by ensuring that:
o a robust, current and functional monitoring systems are in place;
o standard reports on the status of the infrastructure are produced and communicated; and
o regular communication on ICT infrastructure and plans is done.
Qualifications And Experience
• Minimum BSc (or equivalent) in Information Technology or a related field. A Master’s degree or professional certification in a relevant aspect will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years as an IT systems engineer or system administrator (or higher level).
• Highly motivated, self-driven, tireless leader, creative thinker and technical whizzy;
• Able to effortlessly switch between the role of Manager and Engineer;
• Would rather work overtime than allow a detail to go overlooked.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit 6 sets of applications with detailed CV, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to:
Acting Deputy Registrar (Human Resources) Or Hand deliver at Women’s University in Africa
Women’s University in Africa Number 549 Arcturus Road Greendale
P.O Box GD 32 Greendale Harare
The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 08 April 2021.