Kenya Power owns and operates most of the electricity transmission and distribution system in the country and sells electricity to over 4.8 million customers (as at June 29, 2016). The Company’s key mandate is to plan for sufficient electricity generation and transmission capacity to meet demand; building and maintaining the power distribution and …
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldProject Management
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1073
Reporting to the General Manager, Business Strategy the newly established Project Management Office (PMO) will define, maintain and ensure standards for Project Management and will be responsible for the centralized coordination and management of all projects across the Company. The Manager, Project Management will be responsible for providing relevant business specific consultancy and advise to challenge the various business functions during the implementation of projects and will undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
- Advising on the alignment of the capital projects to the strategic business goals of the Company.
- Measuring the performance of the key projects through the selected KPI’s.
- Centralize coordination and management of all projects to ensure the Company delivers value to its shareholders.
- Ensuring projects are implemented effectively and efficiently within set timelines, budget and available resources.
- Monitoring progress of all key projects in coordination with the Project Managers and initiative owners.
- Maintaining database and information of all CAPEX projects under implementation.
- Identifying issues and risks within projects and explore potential solutions and appropriate implementation of solutions in coordination with the Project Managers.
- Disseminating common project culture and mindset by informing, communicating and training on different techniques, methodologies and best practices.
- Developing common project language by defining milestones, metrics and KPI’s for harmonized and efficient projects management.
- Creating and maintaining project monitoring and management templates, tools and software for consistent, reliable data, enabling early visibility into projects performance for better decision making.
- Developing knowledge management system and data repository for completed projects for future referencing.
- Consolidating and standardizing best practice and process in project management across all Departments by providing consistent project management guidelines, methods, systems, tools and metrics for consistent project outcomes in the Company.
- Responsible for managing risk and implementation of mitigation strategies.
- Ensuring compliance of the Company policies, regulations, standards and procedures to enhance operational efficiency.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the team to ensure optimal performance and effective succession planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized Institution
- Advanced Degree will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Projects Management
- Membership / Professional status to professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Ten (10) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been at Supervisory level.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership and team building skills
- Proven Project Management skills
- Attention to details & excellent coordination skills
- Analytical and Strategic thinker
- Creativity and innovation
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics
- Drive for results and achievement
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their applications online through visiting Kenya Power website on http://www.kplc.co.ke. Attach detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials as well as Clearances from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Accredited Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC). Quote the title of the position you are applying for and include your mobile telephone contact, e-mail addresses and names and addresses of three (3) referees to be received not later than Friday, 5th February 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Power on www.kplc.co.ke to apply