Manager Secretarial Services & Investor Relations
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Banking , Category: Management ]
Akiba Commercial Bank PLC
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Bank is looking for a high caliber Legal professional to provide
strategic leadership and play an integral role in Investor Relations and
Corporate Governance. Reporting to the Head of Legal & Company
Secretary, the role is primarily responsible and accountable for
overseeing proper communications, nurturing relationship with
shareholders and providing support on company secretarial duties
• Provide strategic support to the Head of Legal in matters relating
to governance and legal compliance and take a pro-active role in
ensuring that policies and processes in this area are fit for purpose.
• Lead the planning, direction and execution of the Bank’s investor
• Proactively guide the management on all legal matters affecting the
Bank, its affiliates and other related parties, and ensure adherence
to the Companies Act, Banking Act and other legislation, including
subsidiary legislation in the form of Rules, Gazette notices,
• Establish effective and best practice governance processes for the
Boards and their Committees and ensure the efficient administration
of the management meetings and such shadow
committees are appropriate.
• Maintain records of correspondence with shareholders with regard to
payout of dividends, share transfers and any other shareholder
• Manage various corporate actions initiated by the Bank including all
processes related to issuance of bonus shares, rights issues etc.
* Provide the necessary legal input on all transaction and contractual
negotiations, responsible for protecting the Bank’s interests in the
documentation and ensuring that a proper due diligence exercise is
• Providing advice to the business upon request on matters concerning
applicable contracts required for operation of the business.To
ensure that legal opinions given on all matters are robust, well
researched and fully protect the overall interest of the Bank.
• Participate in the development of annual work-plans and budgets with
a special focus on improving the Bank’s legal and regulatory framework.
• Represent the Bank in court/legal related matters. Participate in
negotiations, prepare and advice the Head of Legal on documents to
be executed by the Bank.
• Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB)
• An advocate of the High Court with good standing.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in providing commercial legal
• Comprehensive understanding of corporate law and ability to keep
abreast with evolving legal trends in banking and finance.
• Possess a high degree of professional ethics & personal integrity.
• Must be hardworking, flexible & service oriented and self –driven.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must demonstrate managerial and administrative skills backed by
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above requirements and are ready for great challenges,
mail: Covering letter and your Curriculum vitae
to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June,2022