Jibu capitalizes and equips entrepreneurs to establish affordable access to basic necessities, starting with an anchor product of safe water. The innovative business-driven, charitably-grounded model has the potential to not only solve the drinking water crisis but also to revolutionize how market resources and capital are deployed to tackle other systemic e…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Job FieldReal Estate
Reports to: Country Director
Start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Country Director for Jibu Kenya – This individual will work with a dynamic team across the region as well as agency partners, global, finance, operation, product development to develop and execute strategic initiatives and holistic marketing plans to drive sales and strengthen the Jibu brand across Kenya.
About the Role and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute campaigns whilst tracking overall success.
- Overall responsibility for marketing strategy and execution of the Jibu brand – Rwanda/Goma.
- Lead trade events to grow the brand more.
- Work directly with the existing franchisee’s network and build a strong relationship, work with them to ensure local area marketing is successful and provide the tools of success.
- Project Management – Including forecasting, brand management and implementation of communication plans.
- Unlock new business opportunities through effective marketing to ensure the Jibuco and its franchisee network meet their growth targets.
- Manage the marketing budget and calendar.
- Ensure annual events, conferences are a success – Use every creativity to make the brand stand out.
- Make recommendations for new products, promotions, and alternatives ways to reach key target markets.
- Lead the planning and execution of point of sale and marketing material to support promotions.
- Support new franchisee launches via consumer research, and go to market strategy
- Lead social media and digital marketing strategy to increase followers and engagements across multiple platforms
- Support local franchisee stores with marketing plans to drive sales.
- Ensure local marketing campaigns are consistent with global strategy and leverage global best practices.
Is This You?/ Are you?
- Highly motivated individual focused on driving impact and change
- Unquenchable curiosity and passion for brand building and awareness
- Project Management, cross-functional leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills(across different cultures)
- Experience with concept development, consumer insights, data analytics and marketing strategy and planning.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, where multiple projects and deadlines exist.
- Experience working with minimal supervision, with strong attention to details and follow-through.
- Strong logical and strategic thinking
- Ability to proactively develop creative solutions.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili is a MUST.
- Bachelors/ Masters in the relevant subject.
- Experience with FMCG brands required
- Experience working with 3rd party agencies preferred
- Experience coordinating BTL activities in Kenya preferred
- Social media / digital marketing experience required (including running advertisements on Facebook)
- Background in communication / journalism / something with lots of writing preferred
- Evidence of some ability to be creative (verbal or visual) preferred
- Graphic design or photography experience would be a big plus
- 3 – 5 years of previous experience as a marketing manager, product manager, strategist, sales manager or related marketing field.
Method of Application
Email CV/Resume with email cover note to email@example.com to apply.