Position: MEAL Specialist
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team AMURT is seeking to hire a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist for KENYA HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS FOR QUALITY SERVICES (KHPQS) – OVC/DREAMS program. The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. He/she will lead the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement and overall data management. S/he will guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidate program reports, and promotes learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learned. S/he will support all the technical staff in MEAL functions and manages any MEAL related staff in the program.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan based on Donor requirements.
- Support local partner capacity to use the Child Protection Management Information System (CPMIS), data collection tools, additional program assessments and analytic plans as necessary.
- Ensure an effective data collection and analysis system is rolled out to all staff and partners to ensure the timely completion of M&E activities.
- Ensure that systems developed capture appropriate cost and financial information to enable development and tracking of value for money indicators over the project, including benchmarking information to analyze program effectiveness and cost-effective inputs.
- Establish robust data collection, management, and reporting systems for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities and beneficiaries
- Ensure that data collected from project activities and beneficiaries is used to inform programmatic decisions.
- Facilitate Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) strategies to support the use of data and information from the M&E system for real-time decision-making to improve project implementation.
- Conduct periodic supportive supervision, data review and Data Quality Assessments with county teams, partners, and communities.
- Lead the documentation and reporting of assessments, lessons learned and best practices for dissemination to interested parties.
- Design and coordinate Project Evaluations, Assessments, Operations Research and Other Studies as would be determined from time to time during project life cycle.
- Provide guidance in documentation and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned.
- Prepare high quality, accurate and timely project progress reports to management team, Donor and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, statistics, informatics, or a related field with knowledge/skills of Geographical Information Systems and information technology.
- At least ten years of experience implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated experience in providing technical support, setting up and managing M&E systems that track performance as per the objectives of this activity (e.g. service integration and performance against each result area) and in the application of statistical methods and database management
- Demonstrated analytical skills to use real time data to inform quick shifts in project implementation to improve quality and impact.
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on project outcomes and impacts.
All applicants should urgently email a letter of application, CV (Not more than 3 pages), certificates and relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 19th March 2021 indicating current and expected Salary. Candidates should clearly indicate the position applied for and its Reference number; MEAL SPECIALIST/OVC/DREAMS /03/2021 as the email subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted as interviews will be done on a rolling basis
“AMURT is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to child safe guarding.”