At KISC family, we endeavour to be the leading lights in the society. We believe in providing education that will make our graduates unique and outstanding in the society. The principle goal of education in our schools is to create men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers. We have deliberately designed programmes that will shape the generation in tandem with Vision 2030.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldEngineering / Technical
The purpose for the position is to perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on school buses and vans in a safe and efficient manner to facilitate timely picking and dropping of pupils to and from school.
- Perform repair work on school buses and vans such as breakdowns, malfunctions and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition, electrical systems, brakes, and HVAC systems
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause, and correction format.
- Perform final operational test on all vehicles to quality-check all repairs
- Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on school buses and vans such as fluid changes, lubrications, safety inspections, and brake repairs to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
- Examine vehicle to determine if any additional safety or repair work is required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Have at least 5 year’s relevant experience in a busy motor vehicle garage/ workshop
- Diploma or equivalent in Automotive Engineering or any related field
- A Certificate of good conduct.
- Valid driver’s license with minimum class ABCE
Method of Application
nterested applicants should log on www.kisc.sc.ke for details on qualifications, duties and responsibilities. Send application letter and CV to email@example.com not later than 20th February, 2021. Only those shortlisted shall be contacted. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
KISC is an equal opportunity employer.