Job Title: Medical Doctor
Work Location : Dagahaley Refugee Camp, Kenya
Duration : 1 year contract (with 3 months probation period)
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Hospital Director.
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health condition
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures Professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Conduct daily ward rounds on all patients in Adult ward ,ITFC ,Paediatrics, Maternity, ICU,NBU wards. Ensure timely emergency review of patients in the department when needed/indicated.
- Ensure timely review of all ER emergency cases whenever called to.
- Conduct weekly general outpatient clinic for cases booked in ER (Electives).
- Perform all surgical procedures for patients in Adult ward ,Maternity & ER (outpatient cases) in accordance with the MSF Dagahaley surgical theatre capacity list.
- Actively participate in the projects quality of care activities such as CMEs, Case reviews, Mortality audits & rational prescription audits. Provide technical support to Clinical officers.
- Be part of the emergency preparedness team to attend to any mass emergency/casualties in the project area.
- Actively participate in disease surveillance and reporting by ensuring timely reporting of diseases of outbreak potential or any abnormal disease pattern noted.
- Offer clinical supervision to the clinical officers and the nursing team in the department in collaboration with the Hospital Director &/Nursing activity manager.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Medical Doctors degree. Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
People management,commitment,flexibility,results and teamwork
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 1st February 2021 to http://uhired.me/job/408