Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is opening a Maternity and Newborn Wingin 2021.In order to strengthen our Ophthalmology services, we are lookingfor aMedical Doctorwith a passion for ophthalmology .
Examining and treating patients in the eye outpatient clinic, including screening of patients, admitting patients to the ward, prepare operation lists and update Senior Medical Doctors (Ophthalmologist) on patients condition due to be discharged.
While the main part of your job will take place in the outpatient department, there will be opportunities to assist senior surgeons during operations as well as participating in outreach activities.
Furthermore, you will be part of the on-call team and rotate in on-call duties and therefore preparedness to work in weekends and on emergency is an important aspect of the job.
The job provides a lot on-the-job learning opportunities.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of Doctor of Medicine (MD) from a recognized institution with successful completion of one year internship. (minimal GPA of 2.7 at undergraduate level)
• Interest to specialise in Ophthalmology
• Registered with Tanganyika Medical council as MD
• 1 year of post-intern working experience with a reputable organisation
• Registered with the Tanganyika Medical Council as medical doctor.
• Computer literate
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both English and Swahili)
• Team-worker with client focus
• A pro-active attitude and eagerness to work
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role.
CCBRT is an equal opportunities employer and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to: email@example.com .
Shortlisted candidates will undergo an interview as well as an additional assessment.
Please indicate job reference number: 2021-03| DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 21st February 2021 (selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)