- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience10 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial , Data Science / Research , Finance / Accounting / Audit
THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA, 2010
THE SALARIES AND REMUNERATION COMMISSION ACT, 2011
Article 230 (2) (of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Part II, Section 7 (1) of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission Act 2011 requires the Public Service Commission to nominate a person who shall be appointed to represent the Public Service Commission in the Salaries and Remuneration Commission as a member.
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified Kenyans wishing to be nominated by the Public Service Commission.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- hold a degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- have knowledge and at least ten years’ experience in either:–
- Finance and Administration;
- Public Management;
- Human Resource Management; or
- Labour Laws;
- meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010; and
- have had a distinguished career in their respective fields.
- Functions of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
- The functions of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission include:
- inquiring into and advising on the salaries and remuneration to be paid out of public funds;
- keeping under review all matters relating to the salaries and remuneration of
- public officers;
- advising the national and county governments on the harmonization, equity and fairness of remuneration for the attraction and retention of requisite skills in
- the public sector;conducting comparative surveys on the labour markets and trends inremuneration to determine the monetary worth of the jobs of public offices;determining the cycle of salaries and remuneration review upon which Parliament may allocate adequate funds for implementation; making recommendations on matters relating to the salary and remuneration ofa particular State or public officer;
- making recommendations on the review of pensions payable to holders of
- public offices; and
- performing such other functions as may be provided for by the Constitution or
- any other written law.
Method of Application
Manual applications should be clearly marked “Application for Member –Salaries and Remuneration Commission” and addressed to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O BOX 30095 –00100
Applications may be posted to OR hand delivered and signed for at the Commission Secretary’s Office on 4th Floor, Commission House, off Harambee Avenue.
Each application should be accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), a copy of the National Identity Card, county of origin and certified copies of academic and professional certificates.
Applications together with the supporting documents may also be submitted online to
so as to reach the Commission on or before 28th March, 2022 latest 5.00pm (East African Time)
Names of all applicants and the interview schedule of those shortlisted shall be published in the Commission website http://www.publicservice.go.ke/ after the closure of the advert.
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION