Carolina for Kibera exists to develop local leaders, catalyze positive change, and alleviate poverty in the informal settlement of Kibera in Nairobi, Kenya. We also combine service with responsible research to inform and assist participatory development in Kibera and other informal settlements globally. By maintaining a participatory focus, continuing to …
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
The jobholder will support the implementation of processes and practices across the organization. The specific duties of a mentor to work with girls 9 – 20 years to provide mentorship and, training and counselling support to advance their social and economic well-being.
The AGYW Program is an Adolescent Girls and Young Women’s (AGYW) program that supports girls find their sense of agency and “voice” to demand for their rights while discovering their personal leadership capabilities
Responsible to: Program Coordinator
Employment Type: Contractor
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recruit 15 AGYW within the community
- Offer mentorship sessions to empower mentees to solve current issues both at school, home and community and develop coping strategies for the future
- Provide a model for a healthy, trusting relationship through clear communication and setting appropriate boundaries.
- Conduct monthly home-visit for the target beneficiaries
- Serve as liaison between mentees and caregivers
- Assist in planning of major girls and women events
- Advocate for girls’ education and girls’ rights; encourage the girls, their parents, and community members to promote girls’ education.
- Promote girl’s self-esteem and confidence
- Help girls cope with changes at school, at home, in the community or with their personal or physical development
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25-30 years
- Have completed secondary school
- Are well versant with reproductive health rights
- Have basic knowledge on children rights act
- Must be residents of Kibera
- Have some basic facilitation skills
- Willingness to provide emotional, social, and practical support within limits.
- Knowledge of one’s boundaries and ability to set limits with others.
- Have been mentors, peer educators or have been involved with a program that supports adolescent girls and young women
Method of Application
Qualified applicants may send a cover letter and CV indicating the program and reference code to email@example.com by 28th February 2021.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about CFK’s history and programs, please visit: http://carolinaforkibera.org.