Pwani University, a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi is an equal opportunity employer. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research. The University has a vacancy for the position of Messenger on Locum basis
MESSENGER – LOCUM 1 POSITION
- This is a temporary/short term position available for three (3) months
- Applicants must have a minimum of KCSE Mean Grade D (plain)
- The candidate must have at least one (1) year experience in messengerial duties in a large or busy organization with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines
- Photocopy and bind documents and examinations needed by academic staff to support learning and
- Clean the office through use of various methods to achieve a tidy atmosphere and create comfort for the
- Clean utensils in the departments to maintain a conducive working
- Mail delivery across the University in all offices to ensure timely delivery of information to facilitate
- Collect stationery from the store and deliver to various offices for a smooth running of departmental
- Issue certificates to students in the exams office and ensure they sign as evidence of collection after graduation.
- Ensure water dispensers have water in all offices to provide staff with a conducive working
- Arrange meeting rooms in readiness for Council meetings and other meetings to facilitate smooth discussions and deliberations.
- Make available requisition documents to drivers that require signatures from the departments for
- Responsible for opening and closing windows in board rooms and turning on the air conditioner in preparation for
- Responsible for ensuring toilets have toiletries by placing them in all staff washrooms.
- Move files from one office to another as required during the day for proper service delivery in the various
Skills and Knowledge
Applicants should possess the following skills and knowledge.
- Ability to perform a variety of primarily manual tasks
- Alert with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their application for the above position. Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor Pwani University
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 9th March 2021. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
PWANI UINVERSITY DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR APPOINTMENT)