- Job TypeFull Time
- LocationKisumu , Mombasa
- Job FieldData Science / Research
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant Mombasa and/ Kisumu will support the M&E team at the national and regional level. H/She will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring & Evaluation team and local representatives, and more particularly the M&E manager, in the good functioning of the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan. In his/her activities in managing M&E for the program, h/she will ensure accurate and valid data collection processes, overseeing and undertaking data entry, and ensuring that essential and ongoing monitoring data are properly accounted for. The M&E Assistant will also oversee special studies, contribute to study reports, and to regular monitoring reporting. S/he will provide direct assistance to build clients’ capabilities in M&E and act as a trainer of other technical assistance providers as needed.
The implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan, will be fulfilled through the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Follow and promote timely and correct archiving of the different tools of monitoring through constant contact and collaboration with the regional and departmental actors included in the implementation plan.
- Support the organization and the implementation of the activities of strengthening of the capacities of the actors in collection, management, and control of the quality of the data.
- Participate in sessions and missions of support and control of the quality of data.
- Support the processing back up data (capture, archiving, and analysis) with the aid of manual and electronic tools
- Support the production of periodical M&E standardized reports as well as special reports of analysis as needed.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least three years of experience in monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in M&E capacity building for individuals and organizations required.
- Previous M&E experience in a donor funded program desired.
- Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies; and good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics required
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude;
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task, work well with others and work independently
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts