[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Admin & Office ]
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Moshi , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
TPC Ltd is one of the fast growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill vacancies position in the General Administration and Garage & Transport Department.
POST: Motorcycle Mechanic
Reports to the Foreman Light Equipment
Core Job Description:
Perform Servicing, repairs and maintenance of small, motorized equipment in a timely and efficient way i.e., Motorcycles, lawn mowers, chain saw, brush cutters etc. .
• Carry out workshop activities by ensuring high level of service all times.
• Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, and generators.
• Hammer out dents and bends in frames, weld tears and breaks; then reassemble frames and reinstall engines.
• Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline and oil tanks, starters, and mufflers.
• Repair and adjust motorcycle subassemblies such as forks, transmissions, brakes, and drive chains, according to specifications.
• Always keep work area clean and tidy.
• Any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Should demonstrate Ability to diagnose a fault, repair, adjust and test according to specification.
• Certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics, a good knowledge of two stroke and four stroke engines. Three years working experience in Motorcycle and other small motorized repairs and maintenance. A valid Motor cycle license will be an added advantage.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications, especially Excel, Out Look and PowerPoint is a MUST
• Proficiency with well-organized data entry & data analysis using MS Excel
• Very well organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task multiple priorities at any given time
• Self-starter, able to think creatively and solve problems on the fly in order to accomplish the goal
• Very good with people, a confident but empathetic results-oriented person who plays to win but strives for mutual benefit
• Eager to get hands-dirty and get in the field, with 80% time in field and 20% in office
• Must enjoy being with customers, attending to their needs and satisfying customers regardless of income categories and backgrounds
• Strong desire to have a lasting impact on Tanzania in terms of economic and social development
• Fluency in English
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
The deadline for submitting the application is 02 February, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted