We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Core Network Packet Core Planning, the position holder will be responsible for automation, transformation, planning, design and implementation of Core Network Services across Core CS and PS domains.
- Responsible for planning, designing, developing, deploying, and operating new software, Software Defined Core Network infrastructure and applications
- Design, deployment and operations of Core network automation and analytics tools.
- Automation of Core Network Planning processes.
- Collaborates with other Software Development Engineers and Core Network Engineers in ensuring Core network support for digital services / applications.
- Undertakes the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, standards, open source projects, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures that software is delivered on time, to specification.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if Core Network infrastructure and applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends Core Network architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex Core network issues.
- Designs and configures Core Network Systems
- Establishes and maintains Core network performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems
- Generally requires 3-5 years related experience
- Knowledge on Core Network Systems
- Software development & scripting, Programming in Python
- PS and CS call flows
- Familiarity with Virtualization & cloud technologies
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; a commitment to excellence.
- Possess creative ability, credibility, self-confidence and independence.
- Able to work under pressure, make priority decisions and multi-task.
- Distributed systems.