- February 25, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- Full Time
- Education & Teaching Jobs
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post. LOCATION: Gweru – GSBL X1, ZvishavaneX1, HarareX1
Duties And Responsibilities
• Nurse in-charge of the clinical aspects of the day to day running of their resident health facility.
• Ensures compliance with best clinical practices to do with Infection prevention and control (in & around the clinic and during patient care), staff upkeep with standard health guidelines, record keeping and emergency preparedness.
• Oversees the preparation, compliance to and operationalization of departmental staff duty Rota, is responsible for sports, university events and trips allocation for Health coverage.
• Monitors staff and upkeep to the Departmental SOPs when carrying out day to day activities.
• Participates in the actual patient care and treatment as a nurse.
• Organizes clinical meetings regularly were the department staff discusses interesting cases attended to; coordinates exit evaluation interviews for students at each semester end, in a bid to learn from these experiences and improve service delivery.
• Oversees and manages the follow up and regular updates on the care of referred students to check on their progress and continuously support in their provision of care where ever they could be admitted.
• Manages demand creation of services offered by the department through awareness campaigns
• Assigns responsible persons to accurately and timely compile and submit statistics to the MOHCW, City Health and NAC.
Qualifications And Experience
• A registered general Nurse with a Diploma/Degree in General Nursing
• 5 Ordinary Level passes
• A post-basic qualification is an added advantage
• Applicants should be registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe and in possession of a valid practicing certificate.
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Senior Registered General Nurse
• Forensic training for Dispensing an added advantage.
• Any previous experience in a similar position in any Health Institution is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Applications must submit six sets of applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055