Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
Location: Makurdi, Benue
Employment Type: Full-time
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning nursing and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to nursing i.e. perform as a nurse or anesthetist, whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience.
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his / her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his / her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his / her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Carry out and / or supervise the ( decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring that cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Carry-out and / or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output / outcome and support decision-taking.
- Give feedback / reports to medical focal point.
- Nursing team supervisor ensures the running of Nursing activities in Benue IDP camps in conjunction with the MTL.
- To ensure guidance to the mobile clinic medical teams, to ensure correct diagnosis, prescription and dispensing according to the MSF guidelines and protocols.
- The nurse supervisor is also required to follow-up and provides guidance to the nurses and clinical assistances in ensuring correct weekly demographic data and active surveillance of epidemic prone diseases are collected and shared appropriately with data processing office.
- With support from MTL, ensure that mobile teams (Makurdi and other locations) have support on a continuous basis to make sure proper follow-up on issues that may arise
- Nurse supervisor to ensure referral cases are coordinated following procedures and standards as highlighted in the referral guidelines.
- Nurse Supervisor to ensure data collection is done in the appropriate way.
- Collaborate with MTL and MoH for facilitating immunization activities to meet with the targets agreed by the mission.
- Collaborate with project MTL on conducting Medical needs assessment if needed.
- Nurse supervisor should ensure the scheduling duty rosters and shift for the medical team is done and followed weekly and monthly bases and report any issue regarding this for better improvement.
- Attend relevant meetings in the project if needed
- Promote capacity building for national staff under his/her supervision by identifying training needs and provide on the job trainings.
- Supervise the implementation of Covid19, SGBV Protocols and response , procedures and standards, depending on project objectives ( PEP, VCT, IEC, SGBV, MH services, etc.) and providing technical support when needed, to ensure the quality of the nursing care, confidentiality and information traceability, patient surveillance.
- In collaboration with Mental health supervisor and MTL, Nurse supervisor should ensure all nursing related to clients from mental health activities is done following the guideline in place.
- Ensure collaboration with other team members such as MHAM, MWAM, MAM, SGBV implementer in the project to carry out the SGBV / SRH / ASH linked activities in the project.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Education: (Registered nurse) Diploma / B.Sc in Nursing essential.
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Language: Knowledge of English and Tiv is desirable
- Stress management.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online