- Company: BD
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance cellular studies and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD has nearly 50,000 associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.
Reporting to the Hub Leader East Africa, the Office Administrator is responsible to support the Hub Leader in administrative duties and general office administration.
- Manage/assign responsibilities at the reception/front office area
- Assist with various administrative details: co-ordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient work flows; establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, subordinates and clients.
- Schedule appointments and maintain diary: receive and assist visitors and telephone callers and refer them to manager or appropriate person as circumstances warrant. Arrange business itineraries and co-ordinate managers’ travel requirements.
- Ensure a professional front is provided at all times through managing voice mail, taking detailed messages and interfacing with external and internal clients appropriately.
- Take action authorised during managers’ absence, use initiative and judgement to see that matters requiring attention are referred to delegated second in charge or handled in a manner so as to minimise effect of manager’s absence.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation and correspondence material using PowerPoint , Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Support the Hub Leader with office administrative work
- In charge of hospitality management (airline booking, hotel reservation, pick-ups, etc for shared services)
- Managing vendors eg Safaricom etc
- Being BD Brand Ambassador for EA
- Assist with the co-ordination of ad hoc projects.
Assist with the collation of all management information Mastering of office administration: travel schedules, expense note verification and submission, admin support to shared services associates
- In general, tasks involved:
- ordering stationery; dealing with post and emails; writing reports; supervising the work of Office Assistant and cleaning staff, monitoring the workload and work rate; building management (i.e. negotiating leases for rental equipment, plants etc); controlling the office budget; control of service management of equipment; cellular phone and mobile device management; ordering of all office supplies (i.e. coffee, tea etc.) dealing with complex queries and complaints on the telephone, by email and in person; discussing problems with supervised staff; ordering office furniture; organising office maintenance and repair work; supervising the implementation of new office systems; arranging for health and safety equipment to be tested on a regular basis; Create purchase orders; Manage allocation of meeting rooms; Prepare and send out weekly planner on a regular basis
- Vendor invoice management process
- Scan invoices on a daily basis
- Update logbooks on a daily basis
- Classification and filing vendor invoices
- Update payments to suppliers upon receipt of payment report
- Stamp and update vendor invoices with payment information
- Update the PO template
- Manage the purchase order logbook on the shared drive
- Archiving of files
- Receiving candidates and managing interview order
- Preparing induction calendars
- Induction of new hires on admin function and systems
- Develop and maintain a BDX supplier data base
- Monitor and analyze the supply and use of consumables on a monthly basis
- Manage the VIM logbooks
Education And Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree preferable in office management, or administration disciplines or commensurate work experience, preferable in administration roles. However other administrative / business related qualification would be considered, dependent upon professional experience.
Professional Skills And Experience
- 0-1 year experience in role of administration or office support . Fresh Graduates open to apply.
- Be able to demonstrate proven success in development of advanced spreadsheets.
- Experience in first line customer contact.
- Experience in working for an international company with European reporting systems will be an advantage.
- Experience in arranging meetings/conferences and events and making travel arrangements
- Experience with MS Office and Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required
- Well developed Organizational ability
- Innovation and the ability to work with little supervision.
- Pleasant disposition with strong follow-up skills.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Flexibility and adaptability in changing environments
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Learning Agility
- Accepts personal responsibility, is a trust worthy team player and has high ethical values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Customer focused, with attention to detail.
- Strong systems thinking and process driven person.
- Must be deadline driven and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle diverse cultures and people
- Shows commitment to development
- Self-motivated and highly driven
- International outlook and cultural sensitivity
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Time Management
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Maintain orderly filling systems
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26th December, 2020