The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldICT / Computer
- To upload course content, carry out hands-on course development and support delivery of eLearning courses and programs through advising them on the capabilities of the LMS in the delivery of the online courses.
- Site and Course Administration – Uploading course content into LMS.
- Technical concerns related to course materials, managing user-acceptance testing (UAT) for newly introduced or modified content
- Content Development – Developing interactive media-rich training materials that include sound instructional design methodology including presentations, participant guides, learning activities, practice exercises, and hand-outs.
- Developing design specifications, conducting quality assurance reviews, and evaluating learning using formative evaluation techniques
- Training and online support – Collaborating with course lecturers on the design and development of online courses and train course lecturers on topics related to online learning design, effective online teaching practices, and technology integration.
- Administrative duties– Taking charge of content development and project management as the team leader.
- Managing multiple projects and tracking progress, adhering to production
- Schedules, within budget, resources, and time parameters
- E-Learning Portal Administration – Managing and administering the University Learning
- Assisting the Course Developers with a transition of course materials from an existing face-to-face paper based courses to interactive eLearning courses, and uploading them to Moodle learning management system.
- Working to improve course access accessibility, aesthetics and usability.
- Maintaining the LMS serving several users and supporting all on-site and off-site system users
- Demonstrating understanding of the purpose and capabilities of a Learning Management System (LMS) from a theoretical, hands-on, application and strategic focus
- Carrying out appropriate capacity building for staff on use of various tools in Moodle for effective content development and delivery
- Undertaking any other tasks as assigned by the eLearning systems manager and the Principal of the Ecampus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in similar role in a busy environment.