- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Officer II, Warehousing (Silos) shall be responsible for coordinating activities at the Silos to facilitate proper procurement, storage (management) of products and their issuance maintaining up-to-date records on products and ensuring the plant is operational.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Manages the flow of grain and other stocks into and out of the Silos
- Counts and inspects stores for both Technical and conventional to confirm the quality of the items/products kept weekly and give the relevant reports thereof.
- Ensures smooth operations of the silo and timely reporting of any mechanical breakdown in the silo to the relevant officers.
- Carries out regular physical and quality checks of stock 2
- Makes regular physical checks of facilities and arranges for repairs or maintenance work.
- Ensures the safe custody of all source documents
- Ensures the adequate security of the entire Silo assets and commodities
- Ensures that revenue collection emanates from sales of commodities and provision of services as well other miscellaneous receipts correspond with stocks issued or services rendered.
- Keeps and maintains Ledger/Register and monitors continuously all incidences of stock variances arising from short-weight, spillages, toppings, standardization etc and undertakes timely adjustment as authorised.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science & Technology or Agricultural Engineering or related field.
Method of Application
Applications together with a CV (that includes notable achievements, work experience (if any), qualifications, names of two referees (preferably not relatives or friends), telephone contact and email address, copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates as well as relevant testimonials should be sent to the following address:
The Managing Director
National Cereals and Produce Board
P. O. BOX 30586 – 00100
The envelope marked Ref: NCPB/MD/022/2 should be received no later than 4 th August 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that NCPB adheres to the National Values and Principles of Governance and the Public Service Values and Principles as per Article 10 (2) and 252 of the Constitution respectively, in its employment processes. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.