The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions…
Read more about this company
Officer – Web Editor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
The person will be responsible for continuously managing KESRA’s online presence through development and maintenance of the website through web content management.
- Maintain the KESRA website to ensure the content is up to date while enhancing User Experience on regular basis.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Monitor Web performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends to inform decision making by management
- Conduct SEO Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in the major search engines, including site structure, as well as page layout and navigation considerations
- Constant communication with divisions the business to develop and deploy their content.
- Develop and ensure web content is of a consistently high standard
- Design and production of in-house marketing and promotional collateral in line with corporate branding guidelines.
- Deliver brand collateral to user divisions within the agreed SLAs, requirements and quality
- Design concepts across all digital assets, eg website, web applications, advertising, electronic newsletters, banners, social media and other digital media
- Maintain repository of all developed artworks of published materials for ease of reference and retrieval;
- Liaise with suppliers and printers to ensure artwork production are up to standard in line with brand guidelines.
- Prepare monthly unit reports of key initiatives, activities, and industry trends to inform decision-making by management.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Commerce, Business Administration, Journalism, Marketing or related field.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Minimum Three (3) years relevant experience.
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with web design is an added advantage
- Experience with HTML and CSS. PHP and SQL preferred (MySQL database)
- Ability to provide Google Analytics reporting
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic Computer literacy and skills
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.