Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development – The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a credit / loan from World Bank / International Development Association (IDA) towards the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) of CSDP is to increase access by the poor, particularly the Internally Displaced and Vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria.
It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit / loan will be applied to eligible expenditure for the recruitment of the staff below of Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development:
Job Title: Operations Manager
The Operations Manager shall be in-charge of:
- Supervising and coordinating the overall activities of the operations Department;
- Supervising the processing of applications seeking SA funding and technical/management support;
- Ensure conduct of desk and field appraisals and forward to the Project Management Committee for review based on set criteria;
- Providing overall supervision of formulation and implementation processes of Community Development Plan (CDPs), Group Development Plan (GDP5) and Micro Projects by Community Project Management Committee (CPMCs) and Group Project Management Committee (GPMC);
- Ensuring the maintenance of records on all CDPs and Micro- projects on a continuous basis; and passing on such information to the M& E Department;
- Ensure that requisite assistance are rendered to communities as and when required;
- Liaison with relevant Ministries Departments and Agency’s to provide technical and back-up support to communities;
- Consolidate annual work plans and budget of the department;
- Provide quarterly and annual projections for CDP and micro projects implementation;
- Any other duty assigned by the General Manager.
- A University degree in Agriculture, Engineering, Extension Services, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Project Management and any other relevant degree, with at least twelve years post qualification experience.
- Previous experience in Rural Development projects or extension services shall be considered as additional advantage.
Remuneration / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for an initial period of six month probation and subject to confirmation after satisfactory performance. However, Civil servant found suitable will be engaged as seconded officer and will continue to enjoy salary from their employers with additional incentives from the project.
- The remuneration is attractive and is commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with the CSDP Staff Regulations and conditions of service.
Application Closing Date
10th December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send / submit 10 copies of their CV to:
The Chairman Board of Directors,
Yobe State Agency for Community and Social Development,
Commissioners Quarters Layout,
Off Bukar Abba Ibrahim Way,
Damaturu, Yobe State.