Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare group which has been listed on the JSE Limited since 1996. Through market-leading retail brands Clicks, GNC, The Body Shop, Claire’s and Musica, the group has over 795 stores across southern Africa. Clicks Group is a leader in the healthcare market where Clicks has the largest retail pharmacy chain with over 473…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldManufacturing
Introduction The Clicks Group – One of South Africa’s largest health and beauty retailers is looking for an experienced, Mid weight designer to join their design team. We are looking for a designer who has an exceptional eye for detail, works well under pressure and is a team player.
- To interpret, conceptualise and translate all briefing processes to meet design objectives.
- Develop clear, concise and brand-compliant packaging creative design with a good understanding of print processes and finished art
- Troubleshoot issues arising with design briefs.
- Able to do detailed competitor and trend research
- Able to present finalised ideas and concepts to internal clients.
- Ensure all work maintain a highstandard and level of quality
- Maintain brand consistency and Corporate identity in line with relevant marketing strategies by adhering to guidelines.
- To work closely/collaboratively within own team as well as Traffic, Client Services and the Client to ensure a smooth workflow and delivery of work while ensuring the creative brief is attained.
- To effectively communicate with Team, Client service & print production to ensure timeous delivery of all artwork
- To be aware of the status of work in progress at all times to ensure deadlines are met/ manage own timelines
- To see projects from start to finish including directing 3rd party resources such as illustrators, photographers, printers
- Design qualification in Graphic Design – Degree or diploma
- 2-3 years of packaging design
- At least 4 years’ packaging design experience
- Strong conceptual/Design skills and Style
- Mac Literate as well as Technical knowledge and proficiency of design software essential (Adobe CC: Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Experience Directing/Overseeing photoshoots, finished artists
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator CC
- Organised and with excellent Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent time management, Ability to multitaks and must work well under pressure
- Good written and verbal Communication Skills
- Team player
- Positive, can do attitute
- Willing to put in the extra effort
- Working knowledge and understanding of functional dielines
- Excellent working knowledge of print processes