Kenyatta National Hospital is a government state corporation whose vision is to be a world class referral hospital in the provision of innovative and specialized healthcare. The Hospital seeks to recruit dynamic, highly motivated, innovative and experienced individuals to fill the following vacant positions. For those applying for the positions below, kindly indicate the code: KNH/NAIROBI 2020.
MEDICAL SPECIALIST II, (PAIN AND PALLIATIVE), JOB GROUP K4 (1 POST)
Reporting to the Deputy Director Medical Services and will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing, examine and filter patients accordingly;
- Provide quality emergency palliative/ medical care services;
- Manage and treat general illnesses/diseases.
- Manage pain and symptoms in patients with life threatening
- Provide psychological/ spiritual support to patients referred to the
- Refer patients for specialised treatment where
- Perform ward rounds where
- Participate in continuous medical education, seminars, workshops and
- Co-ordinate continuous medical education in the
- Provide health education and control measures preventable diseases and
- Carrying out and implement research projects in collaboration with medical specialists.
- Any other duties as may be
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Palliative Care or Masters’ in Science in Palliative Care from an institution recognised by Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from a recognized institution by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Professional Indemnity
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya,
How to Apply
Those interested in applying for the declared vacancies and meet the job specifications are required to apply online and submit a hard copy of the Hospital application form available in the website with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 18th February 2020 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer Kenyatta National Hospital P.O Box 20723-00202 NAIROBI
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
- A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- EACC Clearance
- Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
- HELB Compliance
- KRA Tax Compliance
For those applying for the positions above, kindly indicate the code: KNH/NAIROBI 2020
“CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION”