The Nation Media Group (NMG) founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1959 has become the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa. It has been quoted on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since the early 1970s. As the leading multi-media house in the East African region, it has print as well as electronic media and the Internet which attracts a reg…
Read more about this company
Partnerships, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Nation Media Group regularly engages in partnerships with organisations in pursuit of causes of mutual interest, with a view to positively transform society, and seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Partnerships, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in the Editorial Department.
The job holder will lead NMG in forging Editorial partnerships to deliver on its vision and mission, in line with the Group’s Editorial Guidelines. He/she will be charged with expanding NMG’s partnerships base besides serving as NMG’s contact person for existing partnerships.
- Identify new partnership opportunities;
- Develop concepts and proposals for partnership;
- Initiate discussions with potential partners, leading to the signing of memoranda of understanding and contracts;
- Maintain regular communication with partner organisations;
- Prepare annual work plans for partnership activities;
- Lead implementation of partnership projects by ensuring all agreed activities, including generation, production and dissemination of Editorial content, training and event organisation, are undertaken;
- Develop a systematic monitoring and evaluation framework for partnership projects;
- Monitor budgets and ensure effective and efficient use of partnership funds;
- Prepare and submit reports to partner organisations as per the terms of contract or memorandum of understanding.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in journalism/media studies or equally relevant qualifications/experience;
- Extensive experience and demonstrated understanding of the media;
- Proficiency in conceptualising projects and securing partnerships;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues;
- Ability to foster and enhance collaboration between a wide range of partners;
- Ability to lead projects and work across teams, departments, organisations and markets;
- Business development experience;
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive and cross-functional projects;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.