Fahari Gardens Hotel Nairobi is located in one of the most serene areas of Kenya’s capital city. We boast of providing world-class accommodation services to our esteemed guests.
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldCatering / Confectionery
Aside from actually baking, you will have a lot of responsibility in the kitchen. Some of these duties include:
- You are in charge of creating recipes, measuring ingredients, molding and baking breads and perform all types of baking.
- You must create personalized desserts to end a meal, plate them accordingly for serving and create special drink suggestions to go along with the dessert.
- Recording Supply Use. You will be asked to keep track of what supplies the kitchen uses to aid in re-ordering supplies as necessary.
- Clean and prepare baking station. You will be responsible for your own station, ensuring that all items are appropriately cleaned and ready for use before and after each shift.
- Create baked goods for specific diets (gluten free, sugar free, diabetes-friendly, etc.)
- Inspect the quality of the ingredients and measure them for specific recipes;
- Ensure that the kitchen equipment is in good conditions and meets all requirements;
- Organize and conduct tasting sessions for the waiting staff and for potential clients when the situation requires it;
- Maintain Sanitation Standards. You are responsible for ensuring that the kitchen meets sanitation standards as set by the Head Chef and local regulatory bodies.
- All orders should come out of the kitchen with a KOT. Do not issue any order without a KOT.
- You are in charge of the kitchen equipment provided for you including the oven. Any equipment from the baking station that requires maintenance is upon you.
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies of the following documents: National I.D, KRA PIN Certificate, Current Colored Passport Photo ,NSSF Card, NHIF Card,Valid Certificate of Good Conduct ,Academic and Professional Certificates.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applications should include the job title applied for on the subject, a cover letter, recent CV with three professional referees and copies of academic certificates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.