Title: Payroll & Pensions Accountant – NGO,
Reporting to: Financial Accountant,
Gross Salary: 120K – 150K,
Our Client is a global Christian based organization. They seek to hire a Payroll Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and complete flow of payments and information to staff and pensioners.
- Manage outsourced payrolls, communicating directly with the providers, providing the information they need based on information from the People Team.
- Manage Team Member Contractors, tracking invoices and making payments.
- Administer various benefits arrangements and associated providers.
- Prepare and post appropriate journals and maintain accounting records.
- Administer payments to past service scheme pensioners.
- Recording the transactions for the Education Fund coming from different sources, including the preparation and entry of international and internal journals.
- Recording all other Income and Expenditure for the Education Fund.
- Administer the applications from new members as well as the withdrawal of members from the Fund, according to the Fund rules.
- Initiate payment requests for Education expenditure to Institutions and or members in accordance with the rules of the Fund and making sure that proper authorization procedures are followed before payments are made by checking children details and balances, preparing the monthly payment Journals and processing the payment Journals.
- Control and reconcile periodically the ledger accounts assigned to the Education Fund.
- Prepare quarterly and annual statements about the balances and the current transactions to the members of the Fund and the supporting employer(s).
- Organize the correspondence with the members and the supporting employers regarding any queries raised.
- Report annually to the Financial Accountant major developments about the number of members and supporting employers, including the numbers that joined and withdrew over the years as well as the total balance in the bank accounts for the Education Fund and or other outstanding balances.
- Assist the wider finance team with overall team task, such as contributing to preparation of the annual accounts and a successful audit, as appropriate to the role.
- Performing other duties as may from time to time be assigned by their line manager.