The United Republic Of Tanzania The Ministry Of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly And Children
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) with financial support from CDC/PEPFAR is looking for enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals whom will work under contractual agreement to fill the following vacant positions: .
National Aids Control Program (NACP)
Job Title: Pharmaceutical Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: Head Pharmaceuticals and Lab Services Unit – NACP.
Duties and Responsibilities
: • Coordinate and ensure timely availability of quality HIV commodities and services at all levels through proper quantification.
• Develop forecasting and supply plan.
• Participate in proposal writing for procurement of ARVs and HIV commodities.
• Provide procurement updates of HIV commodities procured through funds from PEPFAR and other donors.
• Ensure supply chain activities and rational use of medicines are conducted in timely manner
• Collaborate with regional, district and Implementing partners in development and review of National Guidelines, training packages, Strategic Plan, Operational Plan, HIV Logistics Electronic Software and assessment tools for proper provision of quality HIV Services and data management of HIV commodities
• Build capacity to health care workers and implementing partners on HIV Logistics System.
• Develop a feedback mechanism to ensure that approved stock status of ARVs including pediatric formulation reports are disseminated to all levels of the health system and implementing partners.
Experience and Qualifications
: • Degree in Pharmacy.
• Logistics and Supply Chain Management skills is an added advantage.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
• Three years working experience in pharmaceutical field.
• Strong communication including proficiency in English and Kiswahili languages and computer skills.
• Age limit: 50 years.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of engagement: 7 months contract – renewable (Renewable based on Performance and availability of funds).
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station and copies of academic certificates, practice license for the specific professional cadre if any;
• The subject line of your job application letter should indicate the position that you are applying for;
• Your CV must include the information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees;
• Every applicant MUST apply for only one position. Failure to do so the applicant will be automatically disqualified;
• All correspondence MUST reach the Ministry through Postal Office before 03:30pm on 04th February, 2021 and channelled through the following address:
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (Health), Government City Mtumba,
P. O. Box 743,
Note that: • Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered;
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful;
• For more information kindly visit: www.moh.go.tz