- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
The job holder is responsible for capturing photos and shooting videos of people, places and things through the use of creativity and technical abilities in photographic equipment and photo manipulation software and be able to edit content to accurately reflect the commission’s brand for marketing collateral including advertising campaigns, social media initiatives, digital marketing and event content.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the various photographic and sound equipment’s such as cameras, lenses, camera stand lighting equipment, sound recorders, sound equipment’s (Public Address systems, speakers, mixers, CCUs, amplifiers, microphones)
- Provides leadership on handling of the photographic, video graphic and sound equipment’s.
- Provide technical services in setting up and maintenance of photographic, video graphic and recording and sound equipment’s during commission’s hearings and functions
- Coordinates the production of documentaries and infomercials for the Commission 5. Directs, organizes and shoots videos of Commission’s events, projects and achievements;
- Coordinates in-house training on basic videography/photography topics
- Conduct reconnaissance on sites to determine suitability for events coverage or stories.
- Implements photography and videography projects from concept to finished product.
- Develops branded templates for short packages that team members can use to create “plug and play” documentary videos for social media.
- Coordinates researches on new technologies and emerging trends in videography/photography.
- Creates compelling and shareable visuals such as short videos that help the Commission’s handles “stand-out” on social media.
- Curates a gallery of aspirational images and video content which will be used to reflect the Commission’s brand in press.
- Recommends creative ideas and solutions to achieve desired results and maintaining a professional image
- Contributes to the professional presentation, execution of communications products and services as well as contributing to systems on tracking metrics/indicators that will translate the effectiveness of these efforts.
- A Diploma in photography art/ television production/ electronic media/ audio visual equipment technician or any other related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies;
- The job holder should be a registered member of Photographers Association of Kenya or any other relevant body.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Has had at least 2 years’ experience in a competitive Industry.
Applicants must possess level of knowledge and skills in the following areas;
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of professional standards
- All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- The position is open to internal and external applicants
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment will be on a Permanent and Pensionable terms
Method of Application
- Candidates should attach all documents to the application form which is to be downloaded from the website.
- Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included,
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates, and transcripts during interviews. Please note that it’s a criminal offence to present fake certificates.
If you possess or meet the above qualifications, please send;
- Your application letter together with detailed curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and their full contacts (Name, post office box number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact)
- Copies of academic certificates and testimonials:
- Up to date clearance certificates from, DCI, HELB, EACC, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA.
Visit our website http://www.landcommission.go.ke for instructions on how to apply and to download employment application form.
Hardcopies applications to be sent to the address below and soft copies to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Land Commission
1st Ngong Road Avenue,
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417-00100, Nairobi.
The applications should reach the office of the Secretary/ CEO, National Land Commission on or before 8th March 2022 5.00pm.
Please note that canvassing for this position will lead to automatic disqualification. In case you do not hear from us, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The National Land Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people from marginalized areas and Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Be found by employers