VISION A prosperous county in economic, social and political development with residents enjoying high quality of life. MISSION To foster equitable and sustained socio-economic development through effective and efficient mobilization and utilization of available resources. ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS The county is composed of six Constituencies, 15 administrati…
Read more about this company
Plant Operator III
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAgriculture / Agro-Allied
Duties and Responsibilities
This is the entry and training Grade for Plant Operators.
- Operating machines of; difficult ‘rating’ C,
- Assisting machine attendance in identifying possible breakdowns;
- Liaising with mechanics for servicing; making daily and weekly oil checks; and
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the plants.
Requirements for appointment
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain)or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s)
- Have passed the suitability test for plant operators Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works;
- Occupational Trade Tests III/II/I for Plant Operators conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works.
- First Aids Certificate course lasting not less than one(1) week from St John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology(KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Possess a valid Driving License free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
- Refresher course for Plant Operator lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) yeas at Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology(KIHBT) or any other recognized institution;
- Any other recognized qualifications as may be adjudged to be equivalent by the permanent secretary, Ministry of state for Public Service.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Remuneration: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines