SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally-recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services…
Read more about this company
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
USAID Kenya and East Africa (KEA) received approval for the 2020-2025 Regional Development Cooperation Strategy (RDCS) in December 2020. Within three months of RDCS approval the KEA mission must develop a performance management plan (PMP) to accompany the strategy.**
The USAID/KEA Strategic Planning and Analysis Office (SPA) is charged with developing said PMP and has requested the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) activity to support PMP development with short-term technical assistance (STTA).
USAID/KEA aims to develop a comprehensive and utilization focused PMP within three months of the approval of its 2020-2025 East Africa RDCS. The purpose of this work order is to provide support for the development of that PMP.
- Support for RDCS PMP development provided by MSP will include STTA and MSP staff. MSP will work with a USAID/KEA Mission PMP core group and various internal development objective (DO) working groups. MSP will be guided by a point of contact from the SPA office and liaise with the Mission Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) working group throughout the process.
- MSP support will include advisory services, coordination, group facilitation, knowledge capture, ideation, writing, editing, and document production. Although MSP may provide guidance and suggestions, all proposed monitoring, evaluation, and learning approaches and activities will be approved by USAID. Extensive participation, ideation, content creation, information sharing, and program guidance must come from USAID. This PMP support activity is expected to last for roughly three months.
- Most of the effort for MSP support will be focused on coordination, group facilitation, ideation, writing, and document production – that is, supporting the generation of the ideas and decisions which form a planning document.
- Contribution to J2SR.
- This work order will contribute to the J2SR objective of assessing the progress of Kenya and East Africa on their J2SR, through primary metrics, secondary and custom indicators, and roadmaps.**
- Public health situation note:
- Because of the current public health situation which restricts safe movement and interaction with stakeholders, all meetings will be conducted remotely.
- Review and copy edit the PMP document for grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Ensure the document follows USAID style and branding and marking guidelines.**
Ability to edit high-level development-oriented or social program-focused documents for grammar, punctuation, and syntax, and adhere to style, branding, and marking guidelines.**
Place of performance:
Nairobi, Kenya, and Remote/Teleworking
Period of performance:
February to April 2021, unless extended by a modification to the agreement or terminated in accordance with SoCha LLC policy and Kenya law.
Level of Effort (LOE):
5 days LOE
The will PMP Editor report to the MSP Strategy and Programs Advisor.