CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand across other regions in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Medical Officer
Objectives of Role
- The Principal Medical Officer (PMO) shall be responsible for overseeing all clinical operations of the facility under the direct supervision of the HOC in accordance with CarePoint Hospital policies and Medical services regulations.
- Supervise and lead the Clinical & Nursing department on clinical works (patient care) including being on call, conducting ward rounds, performing surgical procedures and running OPD clinics.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure good service delivery and smooth operations in accordance with CarePoint Hospitals policies and best practices in medical services.
- Plan, implements and evaluates all curative activities/ services of the facility and ensures high performance standards.
- Compiles periodic reports on the performance of the hospital and curative services.
- Works with HOCS and CEO to ensure that the hospital has ongoing programs for in service training for clinical and nursing staff.
- Ensures that the hospital has up to date infection prevention guidelines and that these infection control and prevention policies are adhered to by working closely with the Infection Control and Prevention Committee
- Works with Clinical Audit team to ensure that all deaths in the hospital are audited and measures taken to prevent unnecessary deaths or morbidity.
- Collaborates with Clinical and Administration staff on day-to-day management of the facility.
- Monitors and maintains standards of clinical practice.
- Empowers and enables clinical staff to perform their roles effectively.
- Devotes the utmost knowledge and best skill to the care of patients i.e. time spent on care of patients as appropriate at the Hospital, hospital rounds. and dictation of charts and all related patient services
- Prepares in a timely and complete manner reports of all examinations, procedures and other services performed in accordance with the standards and policies of the Hospital, and any applicable accrediting, regulating or licensing agencies.
- Promotes clinical governance and service improvements following the analysis of complaints, adverse events, and other drivers for change.
- Works with the clinical department in the management of clinical budgets.
- Works as part of the multidisciplinary team of the hospital.
- Maintains professional contact with patients and patients’ relatives (guardians) and assist staff in dealing with complaints.
- Diagnosing and treatment of patients.
- Carry our minor and major surgical procedures.
- Supports procurement and supplies of medical supplies and services.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Advising and counseling of patients.
- Handle referrals of patients
- Organize regular health education and training to external and internal stakeholders of the facility.
- Manage the clinical services of the department to ensure that CarePoint Hospitals gets value for money.
- Maintains medical office open for patient visits as agreed by the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months houseman-ship completed.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience `as a Senior Medical Officer.
- Excellent surgical skills; general surgery, obstetrics, and gynecological surgery etc.
- Experience under and without supervision as the Senior Medical Officer in a facility.
- Proven experience as clinical/medical director, head of operations or other leadership position.
- Professional experience in health care management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in HIV/TB care.
- Patient Oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com using the job title “Principal Medical Officer” as the subject.