- Set the overall Customer Success vision and plan for the customer; Develop, review, and implement Customer Account Plans for the designated base to deliver on the outcomes of the Customer Success Strategy
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate level of technical knowledge to aid in customer adoption including onboarding, training, and general retention efforts.
- Drive value-based conversations related to adoption.
- Build strong relationships within all levels of customer’s organization onsite and remote.
- Serve as main “go-to”/escalation for assigned Enterprise Accounts to come to with questions, concerns and other help requests.
- Being decisive and confident where required to execute on customer requirements within agreed upon timeframes.
- Develop and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Gaining permission from happy customers to use their feedback in various forms of reference activities.
- Engage customers with deep knowledge of Mimecast products, solutions, and strategies as well as experience and best practices gleaned from relevant past customer situations.
- Protecting ARR via customer retention and satisfaction programs derived from the Customer Success Strategy.
- Build strong relationships to help proactively mitigate the risk of churn. Ensure Mimecast is part of the budget planning process and ensure there are no surprises from our largest customers.
- Drive a consistent cadence of client coverage activities designed to increase likelihood of renweals – review status, answer questions, and other guidance.
- Support renewals for Enterprise segment and Strategic Enterprise segment
- Increase the value of the Mimecast service within the customer base by ensuring feature utilization including end user applications.
- For customers @Risk, regular updates will need to be provided to appropriate management and documented within the CRM System.
General Customer Management
- Be a known point of contact for relationship building for these customers, including escalations where required.
- A process-oriented and metrics-driven mindset (Adoption Metrics, Customer Satisfaction, Customer Issue Resolution, Churn), combined with empathy for customers and their needs
- Comfortable with relationships at the executive level both with customers and within Mimecast.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve customer problems where appropriate, alternatively to be able to escalate where required and use additional internal resources as needed
- Drive customer education through training awareness and attendance, as well as ability to share knowledge and demonstrate or train when required
- Methodical and diligent record keeping within the CRM system to illustrate engagement levels and value added.
- Relationship building at all levels of an organization through proactive contact including face to face, phone, email, and webinars.
- Management of key deployment projects where required in customers, coordinating various parties across the business to deliver on the required outcomes.
- Possess strong business and financial acumen to plan strategically in client base NPV, Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost to acquire, cost to serve.
- Support the Customer Development Manager and Licensing team on renewal negotiation, contract and SLA management.
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams (Sales, Product, Engineering)
- Create and identify opportunities in assigned accounts and develop strategies/account pland in conjunction with the Customer Development /Strategic Account Executive to execute agains opportunities.
- Provide post-sales orchestration of all company wide and partner reesources to provide a unified path to Customer Success.
- Execute Account plans to further qualify and pursue opportunities, including leading the sales process for all qualified opportunities.
- Able to engage high-level staff of internal teams to resolve customer issues.
- Actively interacts at team meetings with high-value insights and questions.
- Assert positive influence on other internal organizations.
- Can create and drive cross functional teams to move the needle on strategic and highly impactful initiatives.
- 4 year degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 10 years experience in a relevant role with at least 5 years in a strategic/enterprise account management role, strong technical acumen.
- Exceellent customer, partner and market orientation in software and subscription services.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring customer successfully adopt and realize value from subscription software and services.
- Excellent people skills i.e. ability to build relationships, networking and understanding channel complexities
- Experience driving value-based conversations related to adoption; strong technical knowledge to aid in customer adoption is a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, at the executive level, can generate executive summaries to Mimecast Executives and large Enterprise Customers
- Experience working with multiple levels of customer stakeholders – technical admins, team leaders, C level executives, legal, compliance, and procurement contacts
- Planning and time management skills to consistently execute within parameters
- Risk forecasting and reporting – adherence to internal deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office and other business tools to communicate and/or present professionally to customers
- Business skills and financial acumen to plan strategically against business levers such as NPV, Margin, C2S etc.
- Revenue protection through retention and risk avoidance.
- Ensuring customers are adopting the service to obtain the highest value.
- Customer survey follow-up including CXi NPS and Mood surveys. Increase customer references within the base (including quotes, verbal references, case studies, testimonials, referrals etc.).
- Management and tracking of customer engagement within the CRM tool including daily interactions and more formal interactions such as service reviews and quarterly business reviews.