- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
The Procurement Assistant will assist in the day to day running of the procurement function by offering administrative and technical support to the existing procurement team. The position will mainly involve sourcing, management of suppliers, internal users and routine procurement activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sourcing, negotiating with suppliers and coordinating the routine day to day procurement activities
- Preparing Local Purchase Orders and dispatching the same to both the suppliers and user departments.
- Maintaining the filing system and keeping safe custody of all the procurement related records.
- Tracking and expediting orders to ensure timely delivery and conformance to defined specifications.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the performance of suppliers and service providers.
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on customer feedback on procurement services and suggestions there to.
- Receiving and responding to all enquiries from suppliers and customers on the procurement function.
- Implementing internal controls and procedures designed to ensure strict compliance with the procurement guidelines and policies.
- Serving as departmental QMS Auditor mainly by advising on quality measures to ensure that the department conforms to the University’s quality manual.
- The post holder will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Head of Department.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in an appropriate area of specialization from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Procurement and management of Suppliers
Competencies and Attributes
- Flexible, reliable, efficient, to work under minimum supervision
- Good communication skills
- Intellectual skills
Closing: July 11 2022
Method of Application
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting the position on the subject line to email@example.com