Programme Manager – Inclusive Economies
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Management ]
Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam
Deadline of this Job:
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary tasks of the role are:
• Promotion of regional trade in East Africa, through the Embassy’s support to Trade Mark East Africa;
• Promotion of bilateral trade between Ireland and Tanzania;
• Provision of macro-economic analysis to the Embassy
Essential requirements candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Candidates must have a post-graduate qualification in international development, international relations, finance, economics, social development and/or international development
• Candidates must have a minimum of five years relevant experience working in a senior management role (managing people and projects) within a development and/or humanitarian organisation in an international and/or regional setting. International management experience will be recognised as advantageous.
• Demonstrable knowledge of leading strategic planning and monitoring/evaluation/learning initiatives resulting in well-defined and achievable workplans, strategies and analysis.
• Demonstrable experience (through examples) of financial analysis and budget management at a management level.
• The candidate must demonstrate using work based examples of providing excellent interpersonal & communications skills, being persuasive, working in a team but also dealing effectively with people in external organisations;
• Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint; additional IT applications would be beneficial (e.g. working with datasets);
• The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Tanzania prior to recruitment. Desirable competencies candidates are able to demonstrate:
• Experience working in or closely with European institutions in a process of mutual learning and exchange.
• Basic knowledge of climate change and climate action. Terms and conditions of employment:
• The successful candidates will be hired on a three-year renewable contract. The salary for the positions is TSH 8,743,994 per month paid locally (TSH 113,671,924 annually, including a 13th month). Salary scales are fixed and non-negotiable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Completed application forms should be sent via e-mail only to email@example.com with the
subject line “Programme Manager – Resilience” or if you are applying for Inclusive economies
then indicate “Programme Manager – Inclusive Economies”
• Applications must be received before 17:00hrs. (Local time) on Sunday September 11, 2022.
• CVs or cover letters will not be accepted. No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
• Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted