NACOSA is a networking organisation that brings communities together to tackle HIV and its impact on vulnerable people. We have a 19-year track record of working with donors, government and communities to strengthen community systems and turn the tide on HIV, AIDS and TB.
We do this through mobilizing our network of over 1,900 organisations, promoting dialogue between government and affected people, building capacity with accredited training, mentoring and technical assistance and channeling resources to support service delivery on the ground, particularly for children and youth, key populations and women and girls.
The Key Performance Areas of the Role are:
- Coordination of the in-school programme implementation plans in the 3 sub-districts alongside the DBE Provincial Coordinators
- Build strategic alliances and relationships with key provincial and district partners to ensure layering of services for learners
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and referral pathways for successful linkages of learners to health, education and social support services as needed
- Monitor the implementation of key DBE SOPs with the School Development Managers per sub-district
- Support the sub-recipients to reach outputs and target attainment for the core programme.
- Provide continuous quality assessment and improvement strategies wrt the delivery of the programmes in school
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual target monitoring and narrative progress reports.
- Coordinate and supervise the day-to-day activities of the AGYW In School SRs at the Sub-District to ensure delivery on key performance areas. Planning and coordinating resources, materials, transport etc. to ensure resources are available where needed
- Actively build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders within the Education and Health Sectors including government, School parent bodies, SGB (School Governing Bodies).
- Provide technical support to the Provincial & Local Sub-District (Department of Education) in the implementation of HIV/TB/STI, ISHP and the CSE programme.
- Oversee the expansion of the CSE rapid scale up including the procurement of scripted lesson plans (SLPs) with Beyond Zero. Coordinate and facilitate CSE Training of Trainers relevant SOPs
- Ensure sufficient and timely flow of management and operation information to Programmes team according to established reporting standards
- Represent NACOSA externally at meetings, events and in the local media as directed by NACOSA Senior Management Teams
- Travel in peri-urban/rural settings regularly and overnight stay away from home
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.