- February 14, 2021
- Feb. 15, 2021
- Full Time
- Healthcare, Pharmacy, Doctors Jobs
The Project Assistant-Health is responsible for providing technical support for the implementation of the Pathways OVC program with focus on Health interventions which include facilitating and tracking EID for exposed infants, Viral load tracking for CLHIV in the project, provision of adherence counselling and support, treatment, literacy and disclosure support. Health Assistant will be involved in engagement with communities and MoHCC staff and Clinical Partners to facilitate access to HIV key services such as EID, Viral load monitoring HIV risk assessments and screening of OVC, community linkages with health services.
Job Title : Project Assistant-Health
Reporting to : Health Officer
Location : Bulawayo
Duties And Responsibilities
Facilitate the provision of services under the HEALTH domain particularly towards the 95-95-95 epidemic control targets
• Assist in implementing Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission (EMTCT) and Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) and track all HIV exposed infants, ensuring that they have all screened for EID and malnutrition.
• Coordinate Integrated Mother baby Course to support EID
• Assist in implementation of Index case testing and strengthening Index testing at health facility and community for consenting clients and conduct viral load tracking and ensure that those that are found to be virally unsuppressed are linked to appropriate services.
• Tracking all HIV exposed infants, ensuring that they have all screened for EID and malnutrition.
• Conduct HIV risk assessment to all the 0VCs with unknown status, screening for TB and making necessary referrals and conduct viral load tracking and ensure that those that are found to be virally unsuppressed are linked to appropriate services
• Ensure children living with HIV access viral load testing timely
• Ensure referral completion for all HTS services
• Provide follow up services for clients who need enhanced care
• Ensure safe and confidential keeping of case files in accordance with set protocols
Coordination of district health interventions
• Facilitate linkages and coordination between community and clinical partners and participate in monthly clinical-community partner feedback or review meeting for effective bi-directional referrals
• Support the district to improve adherence and retention into care and treatment services among People Living with HIV
• Work with other team members and stakeholders to map, identify and enrol onto the Pathways key and priority populations in the districts of operation
• Participate in district coordination meetings and provide key feedback to rest of team
Capacity building of community cadres
• Assist in training community cadres in HIV treatment literacy
• Provide regular mentoring and monitoring of community cadres to provide a comprehensive package of Pathways services to clients.
• Facilitate monthly meetings with cadres and provide feedback on programming
Advance evidence base for HIV community-based programming
• Compile reports on a, weekly, monthly, quarterly basis as required.
• Track and monitor case documentation.
• Document best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine monthly updates, quarterly and annual reports
• Work with MEAL team to ensure adequate supply of tools for community cadres
Qualifications And Experience
• Degree/Diploma in nursing or related field including public health, clinical practice or community health
• Registered with the relevant professional council in Zimbabwe
• At least 2 years working experience in providing HEALTH support to OVC and communities
• Training in HIV Management a distinct plus
• Proven understanding of linkages between HIV/AIDS and Child Protection.
• Demonstrated understanding of the Health, and OVC response Systems in Zimbabwe
• Should be highly productive with minimal supervision
• Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel).
• Should be a team player
• Should have good communication and training skills
• Should be flexible to work weekends and after hours and to be on call in emergencies
How to apply
How To Apply
1. Complete the questions on following link :
2. Send your CV to email@example.com
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding of children’s rights. The successful candidate will be required to commit to child protection/safeguarding and to be bound by the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process.
Deadline: 15 February 2021. NB This is an urgent recruitment and applications will be considered as they are receive