PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Project Director has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant related activities, consortium members and staff. The successful candidate has principal responsibility for representation to the donor and Government entities and provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
The project director must embrace the shared vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality. .
List statements describing the final results of this position and method of accomplishments, and how results/performance are reviewed and measured. Begin with the most important accountabilities.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
• A Master’s degree in related field or equivalent experience in grant management in developing countries
• 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grants, working with local governments, civil societies and communities.
• Specific experience of managing donor funded health and child protection multiannual large grants
• Proven ability to manage technical teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
• Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Tanzania
• Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country
• Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large donor projects involving coordination
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/tanzania/strategy-collaboration-and-innovation/project-director/16327